Cyprus Tax Calendar 2022
Penalties due by the end of each month
- PAYE: Payment of tax withheld from employees salary (PAYE) in the previous month
- SDC: Payment of Special Contribution for Defence withheld on payments of dividends, interest or rents (when the tenant is a Cyprus company, partnership, the state or local authority), made to Cyprus tax residents in the previous month
- SI and GHS: Payment of Social Insurance and General Healthcare System Contributions deducted from employees’ emoluments during the previous month
- VAT return submission and payment of VAT amount due by the 10th day of the second month after the end of the VAT period
- Intrastat form submission by the 10th of the month following the end of the VAT period
- VIES form submission for goods and services by the 15th of the month following the end of the reporting month
Tax Due Dates for Payment of Social Insurance Contributions of Self-Employed
|Months to which the contributions relate:||Deadlines|
|January – March||10th of following May|
|April – June||
10th of following August
|July – September||
10th of following November
|October – December||
10th of following February
An administrative penalty of up to €200 (depending on the specific case) is imposed for the late submission of either a tax return or supporting documentation requested by the Tax Commissioner.
In case of late payment of tax due, a penalty of 5% is imposed on the tax amount due. An additional penalty of 5% is imposed if the tax remains unpaid 2 months after the payment deadline.
For late payment of taxes, the public interest rate applicable, as set by the Minister of Finance, for all amounts due after 1 January 2022 is 1,75% (1,75% for 2021 and 2020, 2% for 2019, 3,5% for 2018 and 2017, 4% for 2016 and 2015, 4,5% for 2014, 4,75% for 2013, 5% for years 2012 and 2011, 5,35% for the year 2010, 8% for the years 2007‐2009 and 9% up to 31 December 2006).
The Cyprus Tax Calendar (the “Calendar”) published by Evidentrust Financial Services Ltd is not a legal or Tax advice. This Calendar has been prepared as a general guide for information purposes only as many other tax aspects should be taken into account. Please note that it is not a substitution for professional advice or an advice at all. One must not rely on the Calendar without receiving independent advice based on the particular facts of his/her/its own case. No responsibility can be accepted by the authors/creators or the company for any loss occasioned by acting or refraining from acting on the basis of this publication.